Unlike the other formats in Vocabulary Companion™, the Story Starter format is designed to be used both on-screen and off-screen. Your students can either print out their story starter or write their stories on the computer. This format is very simple in concept and is easy to use. It allows you to instantaneously create story starters using the words from any objective or your own list. The user is given the choice to create a story starter with or without a graphic.
- From the Main Menu click on the Story Starter button.
- This will take you to the Story Starter screen (below
- The program is preset to include a graphic. You can scroll through the graphics available with the program by clicking on the up and down arrows next to the graphic. This will take you through all the graphics in that folder
- Once you have found a graphic you want to use simply click in the story area below the graphic and start typing or print out the story starter using the Print command under the File menu.
Use the arrow keys to browse through the pictures in you current folder.
- You can change the current graphic directory by double clicking in the middle of the graphic or choosing Change Graphic folder from the File menu.
- You will see a standard Open dialog. Using the Open dialog you can move through your hard disk, CD, floppy, or even other computers on a network to find new graphics.
- You can now either double click directly on the graphic you want to use or arrows next to the graphic.
Creating Story Starters Without Graphics
- To create a story starter without a graphic click on the Options button on the upper right-hand corner of the Story Starter screen.
- Now click on the radio button next to Include Picture.
- Click on the OK button and your story starter will no longer have a graphic.