You can permanently add words to the database using the Edit Database option under the Tools Menu. You can save lists of words by simply clicking on Save to Database when you leave the Edit Word List screen. However, adding the word to the database will allow you to attach your words to objectives and use them in the same way you use the words that came with the program.
This is perfect for lists of words that relate to specific subjects or lessons you intend to repeat in the future. It also gives you the ability to create review activities that span over several lessons you have covered. To do this you first will want to create an objective that describes your lesson (see the Editing Objectives page 9.)
- First choose the Edit Database option under the Tools Menu.
- Choose the button labeled Add Word. This will clear all the boxes so you can add your word.
- Type the word you want to add in the box labeled Word.
- Type the definition for the word in the box labeled Definition.
- Type a sentence for the word in the box labeled Sentence.
- Now, scroll the box labeled Objectives until you find the objective you want the word to be labeled to and click in the check box next to the objective. An X will appear indicating that the word is now related to that objective.
- Click on the button labeled OK and your word will be saved to the database.
1. Find the word you want to edit by typing it in the box labeled Find Word and click on the button labeled Find Word. If the word is in the database it will now appear.
2. You can now edit the word, definition, sentence, or objective it is related to simply by typing over the current information. If you want to change the objective the word is related to, first click on the button labeled Clear Objective, and then click on a new objective. This will save you a lot of scrolling time.
3. Now click on the button labeled Close button and your changes will be added to the database.
1. Find the word you want to delete by typing it in the box labeled Find Word and click on the button labeled Find Word. If the word is in the database, it will now appear.
2. Click on the button Delete Word, and your word will be deleted.